The Health and Safety Policy of MNP Corporation is to administer its activities to achieve and maintain adequate protection for its employees, property, and those for whom it has a responsibility, thus assuring efficient utilization of resources, minimizing liability, and advancing the Company as a whole.
Furthermore, this Health and Safety Policy is based on recognition that:
• Accidents produce economic and social loss, impair productivity and impair the advancement of standards of living.
• Every employee is entitled to a healthy and safe place in which to work.
• The cost of accidents is always greater than the cost of prevention.
• Accidents can be controlled by careful planning, training, and accurate operational control measures.
In view of the aforementioned recognized facts, the following elements of the Health and Safety Policy are now in effect:
1. Accident prevention is a prime function of management, and management will be responsible for the establishment of healthy and safe working conditions.
2. A coordinated, continuing Health and Safety Program will continue to be developed, implemented, and administered by the Human Resources Department.
3. Supervisory personnel will be accountable for the Health and Safety of all employees working under their supervision.
4. The Health and Safety Program will have the complete and wholehearted support of all management and supervisory personnel.
5. All employees will be expected to follow healthy and safe working practices, obey safety rules and regulations, and to work in such a manner as to maintain the high safety and health standards as established and sanctioned by MNP Corporation.